Saturday 11 February 2012

‘Casting couch exists’

 

Friday was D-Day for Sonia Aggarwal — her comeback film Oru Nadigayin Vaakku Moolam released.

In Oru Nadigayin Vaakku Moolam, the protagonist is shown giving in to the demands of the director to get her first break.

Ask Sonia about her experience and she exclaims, "I was lucky to not have to go through such struggles to become a heroine". She adds, "It is not that every actress faces such situations. Oru Nadigayin… is a fictional story of director Raj Krishna. It is about Anjali and not about Sonia Aggarwal."

Was she able to relate to any of the segments in the film? "Yeah, a few of them! Like my mother in the film (played by Malayalam actress Urmila Unni), who wants her daughter to make it big in films, it is my mother who always encourages me and is supportive of my passion for acting.

But, unlike my filmy mother who sees me as a 'money making machine', my mom is very concerned about personal feelings".

But the Kadhal Kondain girl does agree that in the glitzy world of films, the casting couch is not just a myth. "I can't say that the casting couch does not exist at all. I have also seen that girls from Mumbai have this misconception — that they have to compromise to get into films.

But it is not like that at all!" she asserts. When asked if she would mary again, Sonia quickly negates the idea, "I am not ready for yet another relationship. No marriage at least for the next five years."

Despite it being the story of an actress, there is hardly any exposing or skin show in the film! "That was not required for this film. I don't mind wearing glam outfits if there is a logic to it in the script. I have even worn a swim suit in Thiruttu Payale when the script demanded it."

Except Sonia, all other actors in Oru Nadigayin… are freshers. How was it working with newcomers? "When I worked with Dhanush, he was a newcomer. With Simbu, it was as though we were both up-and-coming actors. Later, when I signed Madurae with Vijay, on day one I was jittery as though I were a newcomer," she laughs.

Reacting to a query on who was her favourite actor, the pretty lady says, "Suriya is the most handsome actor around."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List