Monday 2 April 2012

Housefull 2 embroiled in plagiarism row!



By Hindustan Times

Bollywood trade is abuzz about Housefull 2's release this Friday. But even before Sajid Khan's multi-starrer opens, it's making news for a distinct reason – plagiarism. Singer Abhijeet Bhattacharya has filed a case against film's makers alleging a music piece from a song of his 2005 album, Tere Bina have been lifted for a Housefull 2 song titled, Do You Know.

"I don't have any issues of the number but they've blatantly lifted the principle punch line of the music piece from my song, Baje Jo Bansi. Whoever listens to the song could make out the plagiarism since my album is T-Series' highest-selling album. It took me a year to compose that individual punch line," says Abhijeet.

Music directed Sajid of Sajid-Wajid fame – who've composed the film's music – is angry with the allegation. "We are in a shocked state. Ye to hamare upar daag lagana hua (it's similar to tainting us). We belon g to the similar fraternity and if he had any issues, shall we have resolved it peacefully. What's the necessity to visit the court? If we needed to copy, wouldn't now we have copied a global tune?" he says.

Housefull 2 producer Sajid Nadiadwala says he's "very surprised with Abhijeet's move" considering he has worked for my company in films like Judwaa (1997). "If he had any issues with the song, he will need to have informed me. I MIGHT have made him sit with Sajid-Wajid to solve the problem amicably," he says.

Abhijeet, on his part, insists that he used it (the punch line) 20 times in his song while Sajid-Wajid have put it 30 times. "I am blessed with name, fame and wealth, so my intentions aren't directed towards fame or money," he says. The case comes up for hearing within the court today.




http://worldnews24by2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List