Tuesday 11 October 2011

Dhanshikaa’s steamy number in Aravan


Actress Dhanshikaa is on cloud nine.

The tall, dusky babe has been receiving congratulatory messages ever since the sensuous song Nila Nila picturised, which features her and actor Aadhi for the film Aravan was screened at the film's audio launch.

Aravan is a period film directed by Vasanta Balan and produced by Siva and the actress plays Aadhi's love interest. Her role is a powerful one and she's named Vana Pechi.

Recalling a touching incident while shooting for the Nila song the svelte beauty says, "Vasanta Balan is a task master and he knows how to extract the best from everyone. This intense romantic song, which appears during a crucial segment, was canned in Hampi in Karnataka."

"Choreographer Gayathri Raghuram has choreographed some unique steps and poses for the song. There was a particular shot where Aadhi and I had to stand on a narrow hillock and dance. While we were rehearsing, I slipped and hurt my knees severely. Suddenly, the director went for the take and said 'action'."

"I was in pain but I could not even say anything and went ahead with the shot and completed it. Luckily, I was wearing a maroon color saree and the bloodstain was not seen. After I completed the shot, I came to know that my paternal grandma had passed away around the same time that I was injured. My grandma was unwell when I left for shoot. Maybe it was this intuition, which resulted in my injury!"

Yet another pose (which is Gayathri's distinctive style) where Dhanshikaa lifts her leg and places on Aadhi's shoulder created a lot of flutter.

"Since I am trained in yoga, I was comfortable doing the dance routines," she smiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List